Who doesn't want to have a beautiful and glamorous smile? Unfortunately, it is not possible when our teeth are yellow and have coffee, tea or cigarettes stains. Few people can afford expensive and professional in-office whitening treatment. Fortunately, you can achieve similar effect by using cheap home remedies.
Mash up a strawberry and add a half teaspoon of baking soda. Put this mixture on your teeth and wait about half a minute. Strawberries contain an enzyme called malic acid which works for discoloration and baking soda removes them. After the "treatment" remove the mixture by brushing your teeth. In order to achieve the best effects, you should repeat the procedure once a week.Baking soda and hydrogen peroxide
You can prepare at home a whitening toothpaste. Mix two teaspoons of baking soda with two or three teaspoons of hydrogen peroxide. The consistency should be similar to this of a toothpaste. In order to neutralize the smell, you can add a little bit of a toothpaste. Brush your teeth with the mixture for two or three minutes and then use a normal toothpaste. Repeat the procedure once a week.Baking soda and lemon juice
Another toothpaste can be made out of baking soda and lemon juice. Lemon juice has whitening qualities and together with soda can brighten the shade of teeth. Brush your teeth with the mixture, leave it on your teeth for a moment and then rinse your mouth out with water. Remember not to repeat this method too often because in the long run lemon juice can do harm to your teeth.Other cheap ways to whiten your teeth
The above mentioned methods are the most popular and produce the best effects. Nevertheless, there is a wide range of other cheap methods of teeth whitening.
- You can brush your teeth every evening with apple vinegar.
- You can try to rinse your mouth out with water plus halite, that is rock salt. From time to time, brush your teeth with wood ash.
- Certain fruits and vegetables can play the role of an abrasive material which remove the plaque. Carrot, broccoli, raw spinach, apples or celery will help you to get shiny teeth.
- If possible, rinse your mouth out every time after drinking coffee, tea or other staining beverages.
- Chewing a sugar free gum after every meal can also be helpful.
Article URL: https://www.dentist-pro.com/article,Cheap-methods-for-teeth-whitening.html